View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
jakoye
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 06 Mustang GT
jakoye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
Hey Guys!

I'm back home again after my 4,200+ mile trip.

I've updated my blog for the whole trip and links to pictures; please check it out here:

I'll be "cleaning up" my pictures over the next few days and posting the best ones here but for now; feel free to read my blog as well as look around the pics from my blog ( Robert's Route 66 Ramblings ).

It was a great trip...the 370 was fun and gave me absolutely flawless performance for the entire trip...I'm sure I picked up some new paint chips and I certainly have some heavy cleaning ahead of me but I don't regret taking the Z for a moment!!!
Awesome trip report, Robert! Highly enjoyable to read. Northern Arizona has to be some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. Driving on those two-lane highways you get constant scenes of grandeur and beauty that can't be believed. Did you do any high-speed passing (always a good time!)?

I'll bet they're building that bridge next to the Hoover Dam so they don't have to worry about truck bombs on the dam itself. The times we live in!

You seemed to get some great gas mileage. I'm surprised it was so high. I'm used to low-20's in my Mustang! But that's on regular fuel, so I'm saving a bit of money, I think.

How did the Z handle in the rain (I lol'd when you wrote "the hardest I've ever seen it rain"!)? You mentioned the poor traction in the hail, but rain is more common, obviously, so I'm really curious how the Z handled that.

We need more trip reports like this on the site! Glad you got home safe and with a great experience under your belt.