View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

I run CarboTech pads and they have performed flawlessly at the track.

You just can't forget to bed your pads (CarboTech or otherwise). Why do you think CarboTech puts so many warnings on and in its boxes? And how is it even possible to bed your pads while on the track for a HPDE?

Just chock it off as a rookie mistake.

Also, CarboTech is very specific that you cannot use them on a rotor that has any foriegn pad transfer material on it. That means you must use new rotors, have them machined, or really go at them with garnet (not aluminumn oxide) sandpaper until all pad transfer material is gone.

CarboTech's get louder as they get dirty. And mine squeal like pigs at any speed on the road home from the track.

Keep in mind that your current rotors will continue to be a problem on the track. Your rotors have a high spot on them that needs to be removed. And don't waste your time trying to find garnet sand paper in any store. You can only find it on the internet.

And I had the same issue with lost coolant at my last 2 day event.