Thread: Project Z
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #197 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
Thanks guys, I really want to get it, just heard of the inconsistent nature of seibon & wanted to avoid a project of making it look flawless. I plan on painting the whole thing white, my installer/painter just wants to see the underside of the hood. Where did you purchase the hood? I'm kinda looking for a deal, as we all are
Well the hood I got (purchased from vivid racing) was so perfect that even if you got one that was a "bad batch" I dont think it would cost much to have it fixed. I do not know enough about Seibon to comment on their quality though. Just speak on my experience with them, and that has been great.

Now just so you know, it cost me alot more then the price of the hood to have it properly painted. It has to be sanded all the way down the the CF, very carefully to not mess up the weave, then primed and sanded about 3 times before the paint can be applied. Then it has to be sanded and buffed before the clear is applied and then buffed/sanded again for a flawless finish i.e no orange peal.

So if I were you I would not even get CF unless you think your doing it for weight savings, and even that is very little over Stock/FRP.