Thread: Z needs help
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
Yes it is, but problem is, the guy quoted me $400 something for the part.

The mirror base looks weird based on the angle. It's actually the bondo or epoxy that needs to be sanded down and painted. And yeah, I watched the mechanic put the mirror back on after he brought it to me just so I could see how to do it. You're right, it is so easy; just pop off a cover and unscrew 3 nuts.
Oh I see.... hummmm... check around if there are local spot touchup places. Some of them are mobile and can do it on the spot. It will only cost a fraction of a true bodyshop repair.

As for the mirror base, yah download the service manual from this site if needed and just fix it yourself. as you said there are only 3 nuts holding the mirror.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote