Thread: Cobb vs UpRev
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #64 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355890 View Post
What exactly is a CUSTOM TUNE on a non-turbo / non-supercharged car.

I have no idea what you are all talking about.

Are each and everyone of these Z's cars built differently. I suspect not.

Generic re-mapping based on your add on achieves exactly the same thing give or take a percentage point.

Get the research done, give me the efile, give me a cord, and download the map into the ECU and off to the races we go at the best price possible.

Better yet COBB needs to get off their rocker and get this thing out, it's not rocket science.
Its basically optimizing the system electronically. There are certain constraints built into a system because of emissions, etc. By tweeking how the computer (which basically runs our cars now) works we can optimize performance, etc.

I suspect custom generic MAPs will work well as these cars are putting out very close to the same results. The Nissan programmed MAPs are generic to each vehicle as well.