View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which would you go with (pro-tune/e-tune)?

Hey all,

I got a pretty decent price from a pro-tune from a local tuner (who I have been to before and is a great guy) recently. Sounds like a good deal, until I started poking around on UpRevs site.

Seems you can get the standard tuner w/ cipher and 3 e-tunes for pretty much the same price I would be paying for a pro-tune on a dyno.

Coming from a WRX, I am very familiar with e-tunes as my primary tuner lived in MA and I am in FL. I think you can get a little more personal of a tune on a dyno, but after you get the tune, you pretty much have nothing else.

With the Osiris standard you have a means to clear codes and logging capability which is a huge plus for me. If I am not happy with the e-tune, I suppose I could always drive up to the tuner (he's a little more than an hour away from me) and get the tune for cheaper since I wouldn't need to by a license from him no?

Given that mess of information, which would you do:

1.) Dyno tune for around $500 and not have a method to log or clear codes.

2.) Osiris Standard with 3 e-tunes and have the possibility of having to get a pro-tune later on if their tunes lack.
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote