View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any help I can get

Hi,

I would like to get a nice camera to take pictures with. I know nothing at all about them. Our current camera is like a 100$ Wal-Mart special. I just want a good starting platform that can be upgraded in the future if this is something I want to get deeper into.

The hobby has always got my attention, and I do find myself going through pictures almost daily wishing I could duplicate the shots. The bad pictures our current camera takes is also due to my lack of knowledge, not just because it is a cheap camera.

So what I hope you all can help me with is:

1) A good platform (upgradeable) to start with at a price point of $600 or less.

2) A good book or site that covers all the basics I will need to know to start off in the hobby.

3) A decent photo editing software that is easy to use, or at least has good support for me to find my own answers.

4) Any tips or things that have stuck with you from your first few months (or years) of learning.

Thanks!