Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #547 (permalink)
pokeyl
Track Member

Drives: ???
pokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedZ View Post
I had something interesting happen today, hopefully relevant. I was on my way back from the grocery store, and got a code. Hooked up my reader, it says "catalyst system efficiency below threshold". After talking to a couple people and reading online, consensus is that it's either O2 sensor(s) or catalytic converter. Since O2 sensors are directly related to fuel delivery, I hope there is a relationship to the throttle response problem. However, I have almost 40k miles, so I've passed the 36k warranty. So my guess is that they are going to say no, it's not a warranty fix. IF that's the case, F**K them, this car is GONE. No reason for EITHER of these to go bad with less than 100k miles.
Easy, federial law requires the maker Nissan to keep your car in emission standards for 50K. Dealers dont want you to know this, it includes cats, O2, and any codes related to them.

Give it a try, I had had friend get a new ECM after the car would not come out of limp home mode. Out of 36k warrenty (under 50K) but could not pass emmisions. Only snag may be the Florida has no state inspection.
pokeyl is offline   Reply With Quote