View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullRR View Post
Okay so the install went smooth. The car is lowered but getting them all even is a BITCH! It's not like the horrible manual says. It would be nice if it had markings to know how low your going. It would also be nice if the barrel was 6 inches on both sides why is 1 side lower then the other?!

Whatever I got it as close as I could for now waiting for it to settle. Def love the drop.

Question... When you hit a pot hole does it seem the suspension bottoms out or that my engine and tranny slamming into the floor?
If the feeling is coming from the rear then you need to adjust the shock as the shock tube needs to be screwed further into the lower housing (for lack of a better term) because the length of the shock is independent of the length of the spring in the rear. The fronts are what they are.

I have not had any instances of the suspension bottoming out on pot holes. It is firmer though, so you may need a bit of spine shock sensor recalibration to make sure it is actually a performance V.S. perception issue.
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote