View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
MeZadude
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG A7
MeZadude is on a distinguished road

My dealer supplied the bracket, but no hardware, and no J-nuts to mount the front plate. I used a couple of sheet metal screws to mount the bracket to the fascia directly into the plastic.

After this, I took a look at the manual, and it mentioned the grommets, or J-nuts. I called the Nissan Dealer, Northbay Nissan in Petaluma. They told me to come on down and they'd mount the proper hardware. After 10 minutes at NB Nissan, the service guy asked me what the problem was. He said the plate & bracket were mounted just fine. I mentioned the missing grommets (J-nuts and screws), and he told me that the way I mounted the bracket is the way they mount it.
Just using sheet metal screws to hold the bracket on doesn't seem like a very secure way to hold the plate, especially over time, as the plastic fascia is fairly soft material, and the screws can only be tightened down minimally without pulling out of the plastic.

I was surprised that the dealer didn't have the proper hardware to mount the plate bracket, as mounting front plates is required by law here in the state.
MeZadude

Last edited by MeZadude; 07-06-2009 at 02:00 PM.
MeZadude is offline   Reply With Quote