View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eihtball99 View Post
Hi guys, I'm a relatively new owner looking to upgrade my stock (touring) 18s.

I live in downtown Denver and use my car as a daily driver. Downtown streets are often old and rough and there are tons of speed bumps and speed dips which I'm constantly taking at an angle.

For those of you with 20s, did it lower your road clearance to the point where you have to be *extremely* careful with any and all bumps or dips. If so, would you recommend just going with 19s or is the tire sidewall going to wash out the size difference?

* By "extremely careful", I mean am I going to hate life if I put on 20s?

Thanks!
size of wheel doesnt effect road clearance unless you go too thin of a side wall or too big (too big = more clearance)

But with a 20's the car will feel harder as the tire cant absorb some of the bumps. This also has the effect where too hard of a bump can damage the wheel, where as on the 18's the massive sidewall would have absorbed the bump.

So if you get 20's, as James said, you just have to be more careful and slower.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote