View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #125 (permalink)
Zaggeron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 370ZR '13 BRZ
Zaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the rough

I've got about 6500 miles. I operate the top around 3-5 cycles a week -- each time I drive it the top goes up and down at least once -- sometimes twice since I put the top up if I am going to leave the car. These are the potential issues I have

1. (as I've mentioned in this thread) I have a small area of discoloration on the side to the rear of the driver's window --same place as other owner's have gotten holes. I can't feel any wear from the inside so it might just be a crease that attracks dirt.

2. I have some very minor fraying along the seam at the top of the driver's door -- it looks like it was rubbing a cable at bit when the top went down. I watch for the rubbing now and I haven't seen it happen any more and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse

3. I recently noticed some discoloration on the inside head-liner exactly where HybridFusion had his problem -- no where near as bad though

Worst case scenario -- I'll eventually have every problem reported in this thread
Best case scenario -- It stays as it is and doesn't get any worse

I can live with the best case scenario. I've got around 1.5 years before the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty is up. If the problems don't get any worse, I think I'll wait and see how the folks who have had their tops replaced are doing. If the replacements are holding up, then I'll probably try and get warranty service. Hopefully by then there will be a TSB and I won't have any headaches when I take it to the dealer.

@ sreyes

Even with these problems they are in no way a deal breaker. I believe that if the issues get any worse, I will in fact be taken care of and the pleasure of top down driving with this car makes up for some inconvenience that early adopters always experience.

Last edited by Zaggeron; 04-29-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Zaggeron is offline   Reply With Quote