View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
So Figure a 4-driver team of yokels with no competition license:

$1100 in entry fees
$500 to buy/fix the car
$1000 in safety equipment for the car (roll cage, etc)

$2600/4 = $650 each, plus personal safety gear.

Still not too bad.
Close, but personal safety gear bumps it to over a grand per person. And that doesn't include tires and fuel. That's not chump change for your average person. Not to mention that the orginization, time and effort put into this isn't insignificant.

I'm fortunate to have the money, time and drive to do this, but some of my friends don't think it is worth the price of entry or would struggle to come up with the cash. If we get on the grid this race, then in February, when the next race rolls around, the cost will be a lot less for those that raced this time and don't have to spend money on the car, or saftey equipment. It basically is just the entry fees at that point. I'll add a 'New Comer' fee to any team members that show up for the second race to help recoup the cost for the guys that spent money on the ride the first time around.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote