View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
That race sounds like a blast, and cheap too! I see this for MSR this year (closest track to me as well):

YEE-HAW IT'S LeMONS TEXAS (2009)
Date: October 24-25, 2009
Track: MSR Houston, Angleton TX
Entry Deadline: Ten weeks before the race (15 August 2009)
Late Entries: Considered case-by-case, space permitting
Buy Spectator Tickets: Weekend Pass | Single Day

So I've got about a month to make the entry deadline? I'm seriously considering getting a couple friends to help with the process and going for it
Make no mistake, cheap is for the car, but the race isn't as cheap as it sounds. The Team Entry Fee is $500 (which is not the car), plus $100 per driver and another $50 per driver that doesn't have a competition license and another $50 for a transponder if you don't have one. The car may cost $500, but the roll cage and safety equipment will cost you another $500-$1000 easy. A low-end, full, SFI rated fire suit, shoes, gloves and helmet will be another $500 if you don't have one. A lot of people sign up for the event and either aren't ready by the time the race comes or are blindsided by the cost.

I'll grant you that it's not expensive, but I want to be up front because I had a similar scenario unfold where a few people backed out because of the cost even though it was "only" about $450 per person plus the cost of their suit (~$500 like I said).

Last edited by Scribe; 07-06-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote