View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
well my understanding was that DDR3 dims are backwards compatible with DDR2 RAM, so theoretically, couldn't i reuse my DDR2 RAM in the new board when i get it till i can afford to upgrade to DDR3 down the road?
your gonna kick my *** for saying this but, when you pick your processor and your motherboard, you should pick the ram best suited to the specs of the mobo / proc combo. There are slight / subtle differences that can make a big difference at times.

Also, if your current system is fairly older (im assuming why your talkign about upgrading anyway) then buying more ram for it may not give you as much of a boost as you think.

Also ram is fairly cheap (i see 8gb on sale allllll the time) 60-80 bucks.

Also i forgot to add, whats your Starcraft SN so i can kick your *** (i suck at it)

Also, i just like seeing a line of also's.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote