View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #5705 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Installed and loving it!

Well, the FI CF CBE w/ FI ceramic coated LTH's are on the car. Wow. pulled up to the shop and our buddy had the car on the lift. It is was a beautiful sight. Fitment was spot on, equal amount of room betwn the tips and the bumper on both sides and it sat perfectly level. My only "complaint" would be that for the nismo, with the bigger bumper, that the tips protrude about two inches farther out, but from behind, it looks perfect. In fact, it's actually more subtle looking than the stock nismo exhaust with the large muffler since the CF "disapears into the car when viewed, especially when the car is moving. Followed my wife home in our Xterra so I could see and hear the car.

Speaking of sound, we got the unresonated xpipe and combined w/the headers and the CF mufflers, this is the lightest and also the loudest combo. It's very loud at startup, that diminishes in about 30 sec or so when the revs come down and at idle, def has that "muscle car" vibe to it. Wifey said she never went above 3500 rpms (was under 3K most of the time) and i could hear it being the car directly behind her with the windows up and my oem rockford fosgate system blasting metallica and slayer lol. It sounds very aggressive, but not ricey, but this setup is def not for the faint of heart.

Fit and finish get a 10/10
Sound gets a 9/10
Performance gets a TBD (will be dynoing the car in a couple weeks once we get a few 100 miles on the new setup to allow the ecu to compensate)

Satisfaction gets a 9.5/10

Couldn't be happier with this exhaust setup. Thanks again Tony for bearing with me wiht all my questions etc.

PS--tony, now you need to make a good quality CBE for the 2nd gen Xterra man.