Thread: oil cooler
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaedub View Post
I live in California where weather hits 100+ and let me tell you........YOU DONT NEED OIL COOLER. Im always at 18-19 with AC blasting (AC causes engine to heat up even more FYI) at 90 degree weather.

HOWEVER........many 370z owners downshift and/or shift at a high RPM hiting 4-5k almost every shift ( I dont know why but its gonna kill the engine). If you're planning on shifting under 4k and not downshift, I can guarantee you YOU DO NOT NEED OIL COOLER.

If you're one of those obnoxious driver (always having your engine in high RPM, downshifting for no reason), then get the oil cooler

And of course install a oil cooler if you're gonna plan on tracking your car.
well, if you ask around, i shift normally 3k and despite that, cruising on the highway at a steady speed my oil temps had hit 230 since then i got an oil cooler.

if yours doesnt have issues congrats. but there are many many many many who had the temps go up kinda high (not 280) just driving around and im sure that were all not "obnoxious" drivers.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote