Thread: Cobb vs UpRev
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #31 (permalink)
NIZMOZ
Track Member

Drives: 07 NISMO 350Z SA M6
NIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray View Post
Osiris offers a valet mode as well. In fact, at least one g35 owner used the valet mode as a form of a two-step for launching at the drag strip. He basically selected the valet map, which I believe limited his revs to like 3k rpms, then when he launched, he selected the performance map. Viola! Two-step.

Another benefit from the UpRev offering is the Cipher software. Unbelievable software; you can log practically every sensor on the canbus** (not "literally" every sensor).

Also, just from observing the two product offerings on the g35/350z platform, I would suggest that over time/into the future, the Osiris product will offer more tuning parameters. I don't know if Osiris will ever allow for tuning the VVEL system, but if either company ever offers such functionality, it will likely be UpRev and not Cobb.
They are working on completing the software but the VVEL system is adjustable in the UPREV tune last I heard.

http://my350 z.com/forum/tuning/422156-cobb-tuning-vs-osiris-tuning.html

Uprev/Osiris/Cipher is a real tune from real people, not a pre-programmed gameboy. Also you get a copy of Cipher which pays for itself after the tune, its a complete diagnostic program for Nissan cars.
SOLD: 2007 NISMO 350Z #0044 Silver Alloy
New DD: 2010 Titan Pro4X CC

Last edited by NIZMOZ; 07-06-2009 at 08:40 AM.
NIZMOZ is offline   Reply With Quote