View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #188 (permalink)
Nixlimited
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R / 11 Prius
Nixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM View Post
This is a valid question and no offense taken. To summarize what the delay in this process is, we are trying to give the best product and design possible for the stage 2 setup. We received the supercharger 2 months ago and we could have produced a stage 2 kit within 2 weeks if we would have reused the majority of the stage 1 components like the intake and piping. Instead, we wanted to give the stage 2 the best intake design possible which has resulted in a lot more time required to do that. I think our ambition to offer a superior product overrides our desire to release a product onto the market that could be better. Because of that, we run into these delays but it will be worth it in the end.

Sam
This makes sense, but what is it about the STG 2 blower that requires so much re-work? It doesn't seem like the STG 1 kit is making a lot of compromises in terms of air flow, cooling capacity (intercooler), etc. Is the new SC substantially different in configuration (e.g. compressed air exit)? I'm all for a well thought-out kit (and you finding me a car BTW), I'm just more interested in what the design considerations are.
Nixlimited is offline   Reply With Quote