View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-370Z View Post
You should always go into a dealership with information about another dealership (let them know you've been doing research). I found a dealership in Dallas that has a Nismo listed for online price $37,600 compared to $41K MSRP. I know thats below invoice (google) but I still used it here in Houston and of course they called to get the walk out price, which they said was just above invoice. Well I made the same call and found out my dealership was inflating it a bit and called them out.

I ended up getting it at invoice. Also, You should all know they get kickbacks from the manufacture (2.8%) so don't ever let them tell you they aren't making any $$. I hate hearing that crap!

I also walked out saying I was going to sale my trade at Texas Direct Auto because their buyout quote was way higher on my tradein...then their Used car Manager said he wanted my car (due to low inventory on their lot) and to give me what I wanted for it...so I made out!

Even if you are comparing 09-10...they can work with the price, unless of course their demand is SOOO HIGH and they only have a few in stock...which is unlikely. They want the sale...no matter what.

My Dad has been a Car dealership manager almost my whole life...so I know a bit of the ins and outs.

Its typical texas practice. Always inflating prices of anything with 2 doors considered sporty. Its imperitive that tx consumers do there research before buying any vehicle and a ** on sports cars.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote