View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #331 (permalink)
GZ3
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z
GZ3 is just really niceGZ3 is just really niceGZ3 is just really niceGZ3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
I used to think the 370Z was a big car until I saw it next to a Mustang like in the picture I posted above. Makes you realize your really dealing with two differnt classes of cars. One a medium size sporty sedan from Ford and the other a sports car from Nissan. Its a wonder that the Mustangs do as well as they do on track. They just look so big and clumsy in comparison.

When you look at manual tranny Mustang GT they weigh just over 3600 lbs with a 54/46 weight distribution. Thats a lot of weight over the front end. Ford has done good job taming all that weight on smooth surfaces. Not so much when things start to get twisty and bumpy.

Both cars have their places. I see Mustang as more of a Summer cruiser and drag race car and 370Z as more of an enthusiast drivers car.
having own 5 350Z's over a span of 6 years, a 370Z for a year, a miata for 3 years and now a my first American car bieng a 5.0, and being an avid track head,...i can tell you with all certainty and experience that the 5.0 is on par in the handling department. Am not just some troll here trying to dismiss or discount the 370Z or inflate the 5.0...infact i cant think of a single thing a 370Z can do better than the 5.0...am sorry ....its a great car....with a stiff suspension and tires this thing is going to be NASTY...and if they lose a bit of weight and IRS....there will never be a reason to buy a Z anymore
GZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote