View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

You can take as many days to detail the car as you like. If you do not drive the car in between the days that you are detailing it, it won't get dirty. It will however, get dusty. Thus, you should cover it up (use a bed sheet if you don't have a car cover), and that will keep it dust free. Only work on a clean car.

I don't break my detail steps up by steps, I break them up by panels. For example, if I start claying and I get tired, I finish whatever panel I'm working on and then cover the car. I don't try to finish the entire car with a particular step when I'm tired. That causes you to do a half-azz job. Thus, finish the panel you're working on and stop when you are fatigued or finished for the day. You will remember where you stopped so continue on the next day.

If you detail your car this way, don't drive it until you have completed the car.