View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW... they must be doing reverse exploitation where you are from. Here in dallas, if you buy an AT, you are gettin reamed up the A big time.
Well I love my AT. Nissan makes the best slushbox out there hands down. No one else comes close in the slush dept. First off I'm surprised how low torque converter drone is compared to other autos that shift. Though there are bouts where it can be overbearing. Most of the time its hardly heard.
Next thing I like, driving in auto mode, the car changes gears at 5 different levels of rpm depending on how you press the gas. I never seen so many levels of shift programmed into an AT. Press soft, you get 2500rpm gear changes. Press with a slight firmness it changes at 3300rpm. Get mildly aggressive and it changes at 4600rpm. Hit the accel hard 5200rpm. Floor it off the line it changes at 6000rpm. How sick is that. Nissan hit so many levels of mild and aggressive driving in auto mode.
Then you have manual mode. Change gears from the stick and the car feels like a human manual shift. There's a slight delay of about 1sec or slightly under. The car bucs a lil hard when changing gears. Just like a human. Change gears on the paddles and you are getting one-third second shifts. The shifts are super smooth and quick. Once mastered the second overdrive actually helps a lot in getting sick acceleration times. I couldn't utilize the 7th gear in my G as well as I could in my Z. Weird cuz its the same tranny and motor. Maybe its the overall package and weight that makes it better in the Z? I'm not a physicist so I won't even analyze.
The 7 at gives you a lot of driving options as far as styles and feels. All can be done in a traditional manual but the 7AT just deserves respect for its many attributes. I feel the 7at gives the Z a supercar feel. Which all supercars use F1 paddle dct transmission. The only difference between a dct and nissans AT is that the dct will not ever have converter drone. Maybe the aftermarket can come up with a drone free converter????

As far as how I drive. Its 50/50 drive it like a moonshiner during prohibition and then mild aggressive to get some better gas mileage. I can granny it more for mileage but, I can't sorry. Lol
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote