View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
steveg78
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG M6 +Sport
steveg78 is on a distinguished road
Default Detailing over multiple days

Junkman! I've watched your videos and attended one of your "seminars" last yr in NJ. Great stuff! But somehow I don't see the answer to this question:

When doing a multiple-day detail session, what do you reccomend doing to the car when starting a particular step after the car has been sitting in the garage for a day or so?

I just received my Adam's Starter Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit and Adam's Car Wash Trio. I washed with foam gun/2 bucket and inspected and of course, it needs claying. I have never clayed this car and have owned it for 1yr (garaged, weekend good-weather cruiser). I've been holding off on a proper detail until I got the right equipment and knowledge and of course, time .

So right now my car is freshly washed and sitting in the garage. I want to start claying tonight (indoors). Should I use a california duster lightly before I start any claying? What if I clayed tonight and then washed and started with SHR or FMP the next day? Is it ok to let the car sit a day or so after claying and before the 2nd wash? Looks like it's going to be raining here for a couple days so I will not get a chance to do a proper wash until that passes. Is it best to start and finish a step in a single day? I know I've read about you and others spending months detailing but I've never read and/or seen what you are doing to prevent new damage from happening to a car that has been going through a multiple-day detail session.

Thanks for taking the time to be so thorough with your instructional videos!
steveg78 is offline   Reply With Quote