View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn370z View Post
It can take 8 hours if you wash and dry the z twice, clay, and polish. It can take longer if you don't use spray wax. but yes it takes along time, that's why I do it once a year.
It can take longer or shorter, depending on how anal you are, the condition of the paint and the speed of the person working. I spent 3 days claying my car the first time I did it. It must have taken me months to finish the entire car. Now I was going for perfection so it was not your normal detail but I have never had to do that much to it since.

I'm a firm believe in prevention and thus, I have never had to do a "major detail" annually. I maintain my paint's perfection and thus, I only do touch-ups now and then. This has been going on for the last seven years.