View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #242 (permalink)
jikhead
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Blue 6spd
jikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolin01 View Post
Seriously cops are no joke here... they love school zones even if the streets are absolutely empty... Does the ticket say how he knew you were speeding? if he's stationary and not pacing you, you can probably argue that he couldn't possibly know what your speed was.
It was a motorcycle cop and on the ticket it says laser, even though my radar detector never went off. Ticket says 33 in a 20. I asked to see the evidence of my speed and he wasn't able to furnish it. He went back to his saddlebag case that holds the equipment and came back and said it was no longer there because he had to do 80mph to catch up to me...which is total bull. There was a stop light about 1/4 mile after the school zone so my speed didn't change much and he didn't have to go far to catch me...he pulled up behind me as I was just hitting the stop light. Besides, if he blew thru the school zone at 80mph, it's him that's being unsafe...not me.

I would likely guess he was hiding somewhere and saw my bright blue sports car slightly outpacing other traffic and then took a guess that if those cars are doing 20, then I'm likely doing 30.

Last edited by jikhead; 04-26-2011 at 06:39 PM.
jikhead is offline   Reply With Quote