View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute
Default so glad to have 350 horses under the hood

just wanted to share my near death experience this morning on the way to the office. ill first start off by saying, im so glad to have x amount of power in this car. if i was in my daily driver corolla in this same situation, i dont know what would've happened

anywho, i was transferring freeways so i downshifted from 6 to 4 to properly merge. i safely merge and im in the 2nd lane from the right as the right most lane is now an exit only lane. the lane to my left is a big rig fuel tanker, and the lane to my right has a honda CRV with a bunch of crap on its roof. i upshift to 5th as im safely merged, and next thing ya know, the CRV is merging into my lane as he either doesnt see me, or he panics because his lane is about to exit. either way, in a panic i check my rear view mirror, and there is a car less than 50 ft from my rear bumper, so braking isnt an option. theres a nice gap ahead of me and luckily im in 5th (theres absolutely no pull in 6th gear). i veer slightly left into the tanker's lane to avoid getting smashed by the CRV and floor it. all the while, im looking in my rear view mirror/right passenger mirror, and the CRV barely escapes from hitting my rear corner. this entire time as he is merging into my lane, im on my horn, and he doesnt notice a damn thing.

my gosh...that sure as hell woke me up. now that ive calmed down a bit, i realize i probably shouldnt have veered into the left lane, as being run over by a tanker is a hell of a lot worse than being side-swiped by a CRV. either way, im just glad i escaped unscathed.
chops is offline   Reply With Quote