View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I stomped one in my old LS1 F-body from a highway roll. They are nothing special in the speed department. What they do have going for them is the fact that they set a lot of automotive mile-markers in design/technology regarding material (aluminum chassis/suspension, etc. Every sub-system of the car was designed or tuned by what could read as a "who's who" list on racing at that time, from Japanese, to Americans, to Brazilians. The car was Japan's all-out shot at Ferrari.

Sadly, they built a masterpiece and then just polished it up from year to year without ever truly updating it. It has fallen by the wayside, but it's a great footnote in history!
Yeah, if I ever bought one I would drive it for fun, but mostly have it as a piece of automotive history. Without the NSX, the car world would likely be drastically different than it is now.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote