Thread: Cobb vs UpRev
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what I'm trying to figure out. If you're going to get a dyno tune, is one really better than the other? I mean, if you're planning to use the canned maps, then I can see how one might be better. But if you're going to have a tuner custom tune your car on the dyno anyway, then what difference does it make? All the software is doing at that point is giving the tuner an interface to the ECU and allow him to modify the parameters. Do one of these software packages give tuners access to some parameters that the other doesn't? If so, then that would make one better than the other. But if both of them give the tuner access and control to the exact same parameters, then I wouldn't think it'd make a difference in terms of being able to get better gains out of one over the other.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote