Thread: Lth + hks
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOX View Post
Well maybe to you its not sane, however to other people who value judge an exhaust as a whole not just small HP gains it makes a lot of sense to buy the HKS.

1: The HKS has an gorgeous design
2: It doesn't hang so low that it scrapes
3: The tips are adjustable, allowing the exhaust to grow with the car as you mod it
4: It's designed by a company that has a reputation for quality for ages
5: I didnt have to wait 6-8 weeks for one
6: It doesnt sound all whiney, raspy or loud. It's quiet when you want it quiet and loud when you get on it.

I've been in the game of tuning cars long enough to know that you get what you pay for, and I'm a do it once do it right kinda guy. I make zero compramises when it comes to tuning my cars. For me the HKS gives me everything I wanted in an exhaust with no compramise.

I'm considering running the LTH on my HKS and so I'll be following this thread closely. I want to wait till the market comes up with some competitive designs first as I refuse to give someone money for a product and then wait 8 weeks for it to be given to me. It's just how I am, I'll buy one used to allievate that before I'll go that road.
My thoughts EXACTLY!

It is my opinion that the HKS looks better, it's not obnoxious, no waiting period, much better clearance, and from a forum sponsor it costs the same amount as FI. Several people here on the forum are still getting approx the same HP as the FI exhaust. 98 intrigue and a few others have gotten good results with this exhaust. I'm willing to bet the HP difference between the two is negligible. Our admin, AK, didnt see much but perhaps there was a glitch or flaw in the dyno perhaps. Several people getting 330whp with full bolt ons, using this HKS exhaust....