Thread: Lth + hks
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
nixxer
Base Member

Drives: Black 370z 6MT Sp/T
nixxer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
You're right, the X-crossover isn't the full width of the pipes, that was poor wording while typing fast on my part. It flows a hell of a lot more effectively than that little H-pipe does though.

If you swap in the HKS for the FI and see gains in a fair before/after dyno, I'd be insanely surprised. I'd bet anyone that wants to try that experiment $100 you'd lose power actually. That just based on intuition and staring at pictures of the two

If they were priced similarly I'd say who cares, but given the insane markup on the HKS unit, I just can't see any reason why it would be sane for anyone to buy it
I agree with you here I too would buy a used one before a new one if I were going with this exhaust. But again, I just want to hear it. Tbox, if you do get some lth, please post a video! In the meantime, unless I find someone locally with hks to swap for a week with, I suspect this thread will vanish if I am able to swap with someone, or decide I want hks, I'll be sure to put a video here. Thanks guys.