View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

It's the high temps as much as the high rpms that can lead to your oil degrading and not being able to do it's job.

If your temps stay reasonable, I really wouldn't worry too much about it provided you check to make sure you don't need to add a bit in case you burned some up like others have said.

Over on Nagtroc, oil analysis post track events showed that the OEM GTR fill (mobile 1 0w-40, which I firmly believe is a very decent oil), began to show increased wear/shear/breakdown at 240deg.

Now the VR38 is different motor that ours, so it's probably not exactly apples to apples, but I just go off that as my "arbitratry" number. If our car hits 240 deg for an extended time on track, then we'll change the oil after the track event. No need to worry about doing on the way home or anything, just in the next week or two afterwards.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote