Thread: Lth + hks
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
TBOX
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z MB M6
TBOX will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
If they were priced similarly I'd say who cares, but given the insane markup on the HKS unit, I just can't see any reason why it would be sane for anyone to buy it

Well maybe to you its not sane, however to other people who value judge an exhaust as a whole not just small HP gains it makes a lot of sense to buy the HKS.

1: The HKS has an gorgeous design
2: It doesn't hang so low that it scrapes
3: The tips are adjustable, allowing the exhaust to grow with the car as you mod it
4: It's designed by a company that has a reputation for quality for ages
5: I didnt have to wait 6-8 weeks for one
6: It doesnt sound all whiney, raspy or loud. It's quiet when you want it quiet and loud when you get on it.

I've been in the game of tuning cars long enough to know that you get what you pay for, and I'm a do it once do it right kinda guy. I make zero compramises when it comes to tuning my cars. For me the HKS gives me everything I wanted in an exhaust with no compramise.

I'm considering running the LTH on my HKS and so I'll be following this thread closely. I want to wait till the market comes up with some competitive designs first as I refuse to give someone money for a product and then wait 8 weeks for it to be given to me. It's just how I am, I'll buy one used to allievate that before I'll go that road.
TBOX is offline   Reply With Quote