View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
memorylasts
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Cars...
memorylasts has a spectacular aura aboutmemorylasts has a spectacular aura aboutmemorylasts has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygrey370 View Post
Thanks for the quick response. Whats the best way to adjust the coilover height so that all 4 sides are equal in height? it was equal when i had it adjusted suddenly the rear dropped 5mm each. Is there a tool or a way to measure the height of the vehicle precisely and adjust the coilover?
***IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PROPER WAY TO SECURE YOUR VEHICLE WHILE IT IS SUSPENDED TAKE IT TO A SHOP AND HAVE IT DONE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOU OR YOUR CAR****

***DO NOT AND I MEAN DO NOT USE THE WIDOW MAKER... AKA THE JACK IN THE TRUNK UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.***

Use a tape measure, get the measurement now, and see how much it needs to go up, i would measure from the ground through the middle of the wheel to the high point of the arch.

Losen rear wheels

Put on Jack stands

Take off rear wheels, after you have secured it on jacks.

now grab the wench like thing that came with your V3's

Get comfty...

spray down the collar threads to clean it

For the front you will need the 2mm allen key to loosen the collar, this gets spun up to raise the car and down to go down.

for the rear use some muscle and crank on the collar so the collar goes down and the car goes up, might be a bit of trial and error, but it isn't that complicated. Move the colar the distance of height you want...

Put the wheels back on make sure they are snug, put it on the ground, and then tighten them to their proper torque spec.

go for a drive to let them re settle, and measure and see if it is where you want.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by memorylasts; 04-24-2011 at 02:04 PM.
memorylasts is offline   Reply With Quote