Thread: 370Z in snow.
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #53 (permalink)
iwgl1981
Base Member

Drives: 2006 Volkswagen Gti
iwgl1981 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
The AWD cars are easier cars to drive, but RWD cars are fine given the right tire and driver. How do you think your parents made it through the 60s and 70s in the piece of crap RWD cars? Don't expect to drive the car with performance tires, you have to spend at least $1K to get something worth while.

I hate to say this. If you lose control in a RWD car due to driver's error, chances are that you could crash driving everything else. I really did like driving my AWD car in the snow, but I found myself driving like a total a-hole with the added traction. My favorite winter car was my Miata turbo with 175 Blizzaks. I used to drive 50 miles a day to and from work. Of course those tires only lasted one winter given how often I spun it.....
Yeah I hear ya about the parents thing. Spoke to a coworker yesterday who drove a newer Charger R/T in the snow the last two winters and said he was amazed at how much traction he got from the snow tires. I'm a pretty good driver speaking of which I have to go test drive the Z. I've hit up the Evo and Sti already. Sti was vague Evo was mint but very cheap. The Z to me looks like an exotic car for a not so exotic price. Thanks again.
iwgl1981 is offline   Reply With Quote