View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BlueMax View Post
I don't know what to think about Asian paint it seems to be hard and brittle. Although I haven't had too many paint chips, certain types of bird droppings can be fustrating. I was at the gym thur. and when I came out there was a real large bird dropping on my roof [passenger side] it didn't look especially bad but when I got home and removed it I found etching in the clear coat in the areas that were harder to remove. I have several coats of good wax but they didn't protect the paint long enough. Domestic paint seems to be softer than asian paint and more forgiving to clear coat etching. Its really kind of sad that Nissan's paint can't resist this type of contamination for a longer period of time. This bird dropping only took an hour to penatrate where I would of had maybe 6 or more hours with my domesticlly painted car
hey billybob it's not the Asian paint. it's the crap your local birds are eating that's creating very acidic poop. there is a huge variation between bird dropping damage. some crap you can leave on for weeks and no issue. some crap you leave it for a few hours and it etches the paint.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote