View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
MyZ4U2C
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th Z #51, 15 FozXT
MyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying a Z straight from Japan...can it be done?

So I was at the dealership last Sunday just looking at the Z's while it was closed to avoid the salesmen harassing me, When a older guy came by and started talking to me about the Z and the GT-R and talked about how the dealers in Utah wont move on price, and he mentioned that he was going to be getting a GT-R from a shipping company that will travel to Japan by boat and buy it and ship it back on the boat and will be paying $74k vs $92K. I didnt really take him that serious at the time and asked what company is this? and he said there name and thought well I will Google it later, turns out I couldnt find the company. Maybe he is telling a tale, But it got me thinking though, is this something that can be done? Its got to be cheaper to do so if there is a good contact, I dont know any or have any Japanese friends, tried to find a dealer in Japan and didnt get to far, I know that the steering is on opposite side and wondering if the vehicles are readily available in the America version to sell? or only to Nissan USA? wondering if anyone has thought about this option or knows more about this? ...hey, Its just a idea