View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dsphoto
Base Member

Drives: 10 BC 370ZR S/T M6
Dsphoto is on a distinguished road

I agree on fixed focal length or prime lenses. You should look at the 50f.4 as it is a great lens optically. Do take advantage of it's shallow depth of field.
All who say lighting is the key are 100% spot on! I too know my way around a studio.

Images

Have a look at some food magazines. There are lots of excellent images including natural light images. If you use a tripod and utilize a large, north facing window you have a perfect lighting source. Put the subject near the window (back light the subject) and use a crumpled foil reflector to bounce some light into the shadows ( crumple aluminum foil then flatten it out and tape it to a small piece of cardboard and place it so it bounces light towards the front of the subject). Camera should be on a good tripod shooting down on the subject,.

78 Z1R, '08 ZX10R, 2010 BC Roadster S/T, 6M, Stillen G2 CAI, Invidia CBE, Berk test pipes, Painted headlights (180˚Custom), JDM rear fog, B&M short shifter, Stillen front plate mount, stubby antenna, setrab oil cooler, uprev. 337rwhp 254ft/lb corrected!
Dsphoto is offline   Reply With Quote