View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeTO View Post
This is semi on topic, so...has anyone else struggled with the Detailing Spray leaving streaks when used as part of the drying process after a full wash? I mist DS on each panel while the car is wet and then dry using the Adams waffle towels. I seem to get streaks every time...in particular on the hood. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the temperature still being relatively cool up here. It's +3C today (38F).

I love the products, but the streaks bug the crap out of me and really show on the Black Rose colour.

Appreciate any input. Thanks!
First off, you don't have to use Detail Spray to dry the car off. The reason this practice is done is to revive water spots that have dried on the car. If you are not having that problem, you're wasting Detail Spray. Also, one would have to know the exact shape of your paint and also see your wash process to answer with any accuracy. Temperature does play in this scenario but usually it high temperatures.

If I were you, I would stop that practice unless it is necessary due to the condition that I listed above.