View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #151 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a huge fan of the Mustang, and that is pretty well-documented I think. There's a good chance either the Subaru or the Z will be traded in for a 5.0 at some point, but I have to side with Al on some points here.

A lot has been said about how the Mustang handles as well in the corners as the Z, and I really don't think that is true. I know the 'stang will beat a Z on most road courses, but I think that is mostly a function of the massive increase in power. VIR full course is also notorious as a "power course", which is going to further the lead even further. C&D's Nismo times are also not even from actual hot laps-- several members on here have datalogs showing faster speeds and times than C&D was logging (cossie being the one that comes to mind).
For most of the driving that my car gets put through, the Z makes more than enough power. Granted, I probably drive more conservatively than the rest of you guys, but the Z has more than enough power to get going was faster than you need to on the straights in between turns. I know I'd be out of my league with the 5.0 on a track, simply because I don't have the skills to brake late coming in that hot. I think most of us would probably be over our heads even in something much slower.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote