View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 04:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

ok vtec contorollers are easy all it is is a fricken window switch, flip the switch and the vtec solenoid actuates. VVel is MUCH more complicated. A "spoof box" will not work the GTM controller will be better than that. the vvel is so interconnected with the engines operation that spoofing the signal = uncontrollable car. It throttles it does traction control, it's responsible for synchro revmatch, it does everything, a spoof box would have to be a 60amp dual channel dc motor driver with dual analog outputs for spoofed motor postion values that would need to be generated to fool the ecu so it thinks it has the correct position and not throw an ses light, while being able to control 2 high amp dc motors. If your going to that extent you really should just throw out the whole vvel electronics system and run standalone. Hell i myslef would love nothing more than to throw out the factory electronics, get some new gauges, an fconVpro(provided i could tune the damn thing), and a few other pieces and just be done with it and never have to deal with this nissan B/S again.

Edit: also once Uprev cracks the vvel logistics in the ecu and incorporates it into their GUI it will be done they shouldn't need any extra boxes, only reason it's taking so long is because it's very complicated and would take a lot of time, and when you look at how many licenses they sell for all the turbo and supercharger kits, as well as everyone else that has bought one they don't really have to care about us. I saw this coming back when cobb dropped out and i called them about vvel and they said that if i gave them my car and 60,000 dollars they would do it just to get rid of me. If i wasn't working with somebody else i would list all the parts a guy needs to tune vvel for cheap, just to spite them. In the end if I contribute to taking market away from them i'll be happy
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50

Last edited by 1slow370; 04-22-2011 at 04:54 AM.
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote