View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #1338 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
FromG2Z- i'll take a listen when i get home~!

mine burns oil when i fill to the top dot on the dipstick. this was the same way on my G35C in the beginning. after the burn off (say after an oil change to top dot), i kept the oil around the 3/4 mark on the dipstick as anything more kept burning off for some reason. i could smell burnt oil too in my garage after a nice drive.

after 10k miles or so, no issue... i know cause each oil change i would fill to the top dot, no smell, oil at near top dot on dipstick every other week or so i checked.
Yeah check it out (the vids).... pretty sweet. I almost got the STi, but wifey said no way jose because she thinks the scoop is "ugly". I'm like...whaaaaaaaat? But yeah, I mean, of course I still think the Z is wayyyyyyy sexier, esp in coupe guise.

Now about oil consumption really quick.... Do you guys think it has anything to with the way the engine was broken in for the first 1100 miles? I have my rpm shift light set at 4k rpm, per the manual says, but I have a few times rev'd it to 5k not on purpose, but because I was getting into it... I hope that's still ok??!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
Oh, you must be talking about the door sills..ya, never really touch that.

I'm talking about the skid pad on the floor mat, basically where you would heel/toe when shifting. I armor all'd that, and ya, bad idea lol
ahhhhhhh on the floor mat.... ok, I get it now Yea, bad idea!
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra