View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
SiXK
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z / 91 300ZXTT
SiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond reputeSiXK has a reputation beyond repute

I have the alpine rear view camera and IMO its not really practical for aiding the driver while backing up. I mean you could use it for that but it seems awkward to me. Its best use is simply making sure there's nothing behind you - and below the rear windows sight lines - like a child or a dog, etc. In that regard the 370Z is no different than any other car. Its impossible to see things that may be directly behind and up close to the car.

Once I see I am clear I do not really use the camera, just backup normally with mirrors. You probably could use the camera but it would take some getting used to and the mirrors show exactly what you need to see anyway.... With the mirrors set correctly I have no issues.

IMO if you want an aftermarket audio system just get one ready for a rear-view camera. $785 would be a great start towards a nice system.