View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 06:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Z Monster
Base Member

Drives: 13 White NISMO
Z Monster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
You should try to keep with the OEM tire ratio as close as possible and also look at the difference between the "Section Width" of the front rear combo you are trying to accomplish. Straying from the OEM Section Width of 1.18 will create more understeer if the difference in section width increases say like to 1.57. I have spent the last two weeks hi-jacking other tire threads asking questions and getting great responses from tire gurus.

I found this Tire Calculator very helpful once I had an understanding of what to look for:

Tire Dimensions Made Simple - Discount Tire

IMO the closest to OEM ratios would be 265/35/19 Fr & 285/35/19 Rr on the Sport Rims.

255/35/19 & 285/35/19 would be my second choice.

265/35/19 & 305/30/19 is ideal but I have heard the tire is too big for the sport rim. Some may disagree though.

245/40/19 & 285/35/19 would be my third option.

Run the numbers on the tire calculator and you will see. You want to punch in three sets of numbers.

First the OEM Fr & Rr

Then punch in the OEM front and say the tire you want to go up to.

Third punch in the Fr & Rr of the tires you want to see the staggered "Section Width" difference. Remember OEM staggered difference is 1.18 and anything higher will create more understeer which is not good. You want a combo that will stay close to OEM 1.18 or a tad lower like 0.78.

Hope this helps and reps to you for opening a new thread. And WELCOME to the SWIFT Club
Thanks Z force, this really helped out a lot and put things in perspective. I was wondering how to get bumped up on rep or how to rep other ppl. You sir get +1
Z Monster is offline   Reply With Quote