View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo221 View Post
Yeah I agree with you about he stopping power. But you also have to think the 40 if you miss its going to go through walls and still be traveling at a diedly force. Where you could hit someone else and go to jail for. A 9mm is more likely not going to go through object and if it does its volocity will be slowed enough that it will not be fatal. But I really do understand the thought behind wanting a bigger round so that if you do gut shot or barely hit someone that it will bring them down. But if you practice shotting and aiming while drawing you can bring down anyone. You take a 9mm to the chest and your not getting up your dead.

Some of your large caliper rounds will just go clean through someone yes. But same thing like a 9mm hollow point stays in. If it hits bone it does not have the force to break it so the bullet changes direction. Its just like electricity it follows the path of least resistance. Even a small .22 will do damage. The mod carried .22 revolvers to kill people. They would shot you in the head and the .22 had the power to go into the skull but when it hit the other side it had lost the power to exit. So the small round just pin balled around inside the person's head destorying everything. So I would say caliper is up to the person and know how to handle a gun.
Yeah, I'm sure we could go back and forth, but I'm gonna step over that trap and just say there are a lot of pros and cons and it's a matter of personal preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooftop View Post
<insert snarky, slightly condescending frost joke>
frost is offline   Reply With Quote