View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonp View Post
Why not get one of the special interest plates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickyardZ
The problem is that in Ohio when you order a Special plate, they still maintain the basic crappy border/background and simply add the special logo to the plate. No way to get a decent looking plate in OH at this time.
Well, they are better for sure, because they lose the farm crap on the bottom. And there are 3 I could probably live with, the Bald Eagle, the Leaders In Flight, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. See pics attached.

I still like the old plate better.

But my real issue with these specialty plates is that they charge you an extra $25 each and every year you have them, and that's a government scam. Like on the $50 extra per year custom vanity plates, I can see a one time up front charge because they are making you a custom plate. But after that first year, the charge should be no more than a regular plate. Other than the government ripping you off, it makes no sense. I used to have vanity plates for years, but dropped them last year because our Governor significantly upped the rates and I was tired of getting cheated.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Decisions decisions......

Good to have options.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Bald Eagle.gif (6.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: gif Leader In Flight.gif (6.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: gif Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.gif (6.5 KB, 0 views)
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote