View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #46 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
I've use to work for an accounting firm that did taxes for these gas station owners. Depending on the franchise, gas station owners actually get reaped of much profit since a lot of them are using LIFO accounting rules to calculate taxes for their business.

It's pretty sad that they make more money off the car washing and vacuum pumps by cost/profit ratio than gasoline...and they make literally pennies when gas prices go up, hence some cost 10 cents per gallon more than others due to rent costs.
This is true as my wanker neighbor owns over a dozen gas stations and talks to me (unfortunately) about them. Funny thing is that all his vehicles are now hybrids.

Last edited by SoCal 370Z; 04-20-2011 at 01:01 PM.
SoCal 370Z is offline   Reply With Quote