View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
For some reason, when I first engage my clutch to shift into either First Gear or Reverse, I literally have to force the gear in with 70% of my strength, if I don't let go of the clutch after being in gear, I can shift smoothly back and forth.

After I release the clutch, as I clutch in again to shift back into first, the gear becomes super stiff and hard to shift into again, while clutch is still engaged i can shift freely and smoothly after the first shift being stiff and hard,

sorry for sounding like a noob but is anyone also getting this problem or know what is the cause of this?
I didn't find mine as bad as you're describing. But I saw an improvement when I changed the fluid. Red-Line fluid showed an improvement. Just a suggestion.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote