View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #155 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatZ View Post
FML...So on my situation today the dealership told me to bring to a local tire shop to get it repaired. So i went in today only to watch the Easy-Out(13/16 remover) fail to grip on the broken locking lug but also scratched and chipped my rim... waiting to see what the dealer can do now... absolutely frustrated...checked with everyone in this town and nobody has a solution. Wish a dealership was close by...
The Easy-out isn't going to work. Use a special lug remover socket, I found mine at Pep-boys. It has sharpened threaded teeth that will bite onto the smooth surface of the broken lug with the use of an impact wrench.

Here is a link to what I used.

CTA Lug Nut Remover Wheel Lock Removal Tool Kit 3-Piece Set Fits Medium, Large & Extra Large Nuts/Locks