View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #42 (permalink)
flashburn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Corvette GS 6M
flashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really niceflashburn is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
That sux...mine held up on both 350z's for well over 20k miles and no issues. Have about 10k miles on both 370Z's and no issues. Hopefully the mfg will want to inspect the spacer for the cause of failure.

Did the front wheel ever take an impact that would cause it to weaken and eventually break? Is tracking the car gonna gonna play a role in the failure? Josh@Stilen comes thru again! It's not often a vendor steps up to plate to take care of a member when the mfg will not. g\l on finding the root cause. Does aluminum match up well with steel?
From what Stillen said, it didn't sound like H&R was interested in inspecting the spacers at all, but I'll contact them directly to see what they say. I'm not expecting much though.

Nope, no impacts or anything like that. I think it happened before the car even hit the track.